"A Public Defender has many notable powers:
1. the ability to absorb attacks of anger and rudeness... that would make a mere mortal cringe,
2. The ability to multitask at lightning speed...,
3. the ability to weather attacks from judges, prosecutors, and their own clients all at once. A true Public Defender is well-armored.
4. the ability to fight for the rights and lives of people they find, personally, unpleasant.
5. the ability to accomplish 5 impossible things before lunch."
Let's do the time warp again!
Sorry about a day of our site looking like May 23rd all over again.
I've spoken with the ISP, and we suspect that it must somehow be Senator McGee's fault.
There are perfectly valid medical explanations for all this. I got a concussion. My cab dropped me off at the wrong house. An otter was chasing me. I'm rushing Alpha Chi Sigma's. Well, now that that's been fully explained, I think we'll all agree that it's better if we just put it behind us once and for all -- The central committee has called for a vote.
All in favor, say Aye.
(three 'Aye's heard from the McGee table).
All opposed by the same sign:
(a groundswell of 'Aye's)
Ah, good. The Aye's have it. Let's speak no more of this or any other tawdry bit of silliness involving Senator McGee's personal proclivities.