"A Public Defender has many notable powers:
1. the ability to absorb attacks of anger and rudeness... that would make a mere mortal cringe,
2. The ability to multitask at lightning speed...,
3. the ability to weather attacks from judges, prosecutors, and their own clients all at once. A true Public Defender is well-armored.
4. the ability to fight for the rights and lives of people they find, personally, unpleasant.
5. the ability to accomplish 5 impossible things before lunch."
Robo-R - it's like Whac-a-mole!
Well, yesterday was unsurprising. Cheers to Edgar Malepeai and Brian Cronin, Wendy Jacquet and so many others: several stalwart blue districts remain in Boise, Bannock, Blaine and Latah. It's unnerving to see wins by less than 10% in Bannock, but that's what Idaho's 'not gerrymandering' districts 40-100 miles out of cities gets ya. Nobody's shocked that wingnut fever is rampant in Soda Springs.
Not surprised by the pasting Walt Minnick looks to have gotten. Saddened, because I think the world of John Foster and Serephin tells me A.K. Minnick is so awesome that I'll accept that Walt was just tapdancing on a razor-thin line, hoping to find a 3rd way.
But as bad as Team Minnick's gotta feel, imagine the pain that is East Idaho's moderate Republicans this morning. Republicans-for-Allred leader Sharon Perry gave me an earful when we sat together at the July 4th 'parade rules' mandatory meeting. They're waking up to an even worse hangover -- It's got to suck something fierce to lose hard to a robotic lockstep 'punch the R, not the name' (I just know there's jazzy video brightly chanting "it's like Whac-A-Mole!" hiding in JoAn Wood's closet) that you've spent decades cultivating. Welcome to our world, Republicans for Allred.
On a 43sb-neighborhood note, condolences to Sharon Fisher. It wasn't you, it's rural Robo-R.
Anything else I've missed? I'll try to get details on my rumor of challenges, and I forgot to ferret out data from Teton county -- they turned bluish-purple in '08; someone else find out details; I've gotta head to work.