I'm just trying to maximize shareholder value" is an excuse used by those who are weak-willed, unethical and immoral to absolve themselves of personal responsibility when they f#%k over the general public.
The words 'Chicken George' came to mind a week or so ago, when I read of President Bush's apparent fear of his constituency stretching to the point where his audiences are vetted.
For days, the theme song for Chicken Jane (from Between the Lions) has bounced around with the words 'Chicken George' slipping in (but not tidily). Hoping to dispell the demons,
I've done a bit of googling. Check it out:
- Chicken George and the Media
- 'Chicken George' in Ireland
- Bush pulls out of speech to Parliament
- Chicken George's Administration
- CNN on Bush fearing Parliament hecklers
- an older Washington Post article
There were 1600 hits to googling 'chicken-george bush', so feel free to suggest more.